From: Nicholas Yue (yue.nicholas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-21 01:50:23

On 21/06/07, frederic.bron_at_[hidden] <frederic.bron_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have spent so much time to find how to build boost with only one
> combination of release/debug, multithreading, static/shared... that I want
> to record the method in the archive for other potential
> users.
> By default boost is build 16 times which corresponds to all combinations
> of:
> - release/debug
> - multithreading on/off
> - static/shared link
> - runtime static/shared link
> It takes ages to compile and we get roughly 1 giga-bytes of data.
>
> In general you need only one combination of these options but it is not
> very well documented how to set these options.

My understanding from a Microsoft runtime perspective is that if you link
with a different runtime version of the library, there is a possibility that
object created within one runtime heap may potentially be destroyed in
another runtime heap causing application to fail.

The release and debug heap is different, so are those between single and
multithreaded.

Anyone know more about this different runtime heap?

Regards