From: Stuart Dootson (stuart.dootson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-19 17:20:53

On 18/07/07, Rydinare <rydinare_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi all. I was curious to see if there is or will be support for the use of
> the visitor pattern with boost::any? I think it would be very useful. I
> thought I had read that there was an experimental boost::any visitor at some
> point, but I couldn't find it.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks.

I've done such a thing using a defined set of types and an if..else if
chain, using the type() member of any and typeid() to switch on
type...however, I *only* did this because it was before Boost.Variant
was available. If you have some strict set of types that you're
looking for, Boost.Variant would be a better option.

Stuart Dootson