From: Pfligersdorffer, Christian (Christian.Pfligersdorffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-02 08:02:41

Hello Robert, hello all,

I know it is stated in the boost::serialization library documentation
that per definition always the latest version of a class goes to the
archive. I wonder if there is a way to change this behaviour and choose
the version number for my class at runtime. Obviously this feature would
be useful in a system of two dependent modules where either the producer
or the consumer could by updated to a newer version without the other
one being neccessarily updated too. Maybe this has already been
discussed but I could not find anything about it on the web.

However my strong suspicion is that there is no such option within the
library and I will have to provide a solution within the affected
classes.

Another thing: I specialize boost::archive::detail::heap_allocator<T>
for my types to use my own memory management :-) Any objection to that?

Finally I want to thank Robert Ramey for his fabulous library and his
always timely and helpful answers. I think from the user perspective he
stands as a positive example for others.

Regards,

--
Christian Pfligersdorffer
EOS Software Engineering