From: Lukasz (lkudra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-08 14:00:43

Hello,

I'm not sure i understand how this would work. If i use the serialization
library, then i could serialize the current state (by inspecting the current
state configuration as you said). But what would happen to all the members
of the parent class (for example "simple_state" ) since they don't support
serialization ? Unless you meant to use some other serialization method ?

As for the "special transitions", i suppose i would need a sort of "initial
transition" per state that would allow me to go to it directly, right ?
Also, if i have (and i sure will) state local storage, then i would need
some way to restore its values, which i don't quite see how it would work
using this approach (since i'm not re-creating the object using the one that
was restored but rather using the transition).

Thanks,

Lukasz K.