From: Filip Konvička (filip.konvicka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-09 03:34:11

Hi Bill,
> I just realized that the visualizers I posted previously are all for boost
> version 1.33. It's quite possible that they will fully apply to v1.34.
> Though there may be an issue with ptr_map and ptr_multimap given that the
> usage has changed.
>
> I'm not in a position where I can switch over to 1.34 just yet. Can you give
> that one a try and see how it fares?

I will.
> I'm guessing that not using <*,*,*> instead of just <*,*> would fail if
> using a custom allocator, right? I haven't the need for that yet, but it
> sounds like a good reason to adjust everything to match.

It would work. You always get 3 template arguments, even if you don't
supply them. You just get the default allocator. But as I said (now I
can point you to the debugger visualizers wiki :-)
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/DebuggerVisualizers), in this case
the second wildcard will match the 2nd and 3rd template argument
("$T2,$T3" in terms of "<*,*,*>").

BTW, I use multi-template-argument matching in multi_index_container
visualizers when I need to pass exactly the same template arguments to
another templates, but never when accessing the actual template argument
for type casts etc.

Now please could you upload the most recent version of your visualizers
to the boost vault at

http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?directory=Debug/Visualizers_MSVC_8

? Please if you do also attach some license info, as I did with
boost__multi_index_container.msvc8.vis.txt. If you want, you can add
similar comments/headers into your file(s), otherwise I kindly ask you
for permission to do this myself. Of course you keep all the credits!

Thanks,
Filip