From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-09 13:39:21

On Thu, August 9, 2007 19:09, Constantin Bryzgalin wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I am using fusion v2 in my project and first would like to thank for the
>> great lib. I installed this lib into the boost/fusion directory.
>
>> Today I started using xpressive lib (which is also a great one!!!).
>> Unfortunately xpressive broke my compilation, because it includes things
>> from boost/spirit/fusion and my code includes headers from boost/fusion. Now
>> my assumption: AFAIK spirit/fusion contains version 1. Since I would like to
>> use version 2 I can not simply copy it into the spirit directory, since it
>> can break other things like wave. Is it correct? If yes, does anyone have
>> suggestions on how I should deal with this issues?
>
> I'm not using boost fusion in my projects but as a C++ programmer first thing
> I would try do is renaming fusion v2 namespace right after including its
> headers and only then include xpressive's ones. Of course as a result using
> fusion v2 will require explicit namespace specification.
>
> --
> Constantin Bryzgalin
> http://www.oneclicktools.com

Constantin,

many thanks for you advice. This is what I already did, but I would like to have some maintanable
standard solution.

This thing goes a little bit deeper as simple namespace renaming: As I can see different versions
have different header guards (so v2 and v1 can be included in one file). May be it is good, may be
bad. It depends on the situation a programmer will trap into... ;)

But anyway thanks for your help.

With Kind Regards,

Ovanes Markarian