From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 16:57:09

Note that there is a distinction between between support for wchar_t and
wstreambuf.

The former is supported by all archives.

The latter is supported only by those archives compiled into the
wserialization library.
My experience is that gcc and mingw on windows doesn't support wstreambuf
and
hence doesn't support wstream. Note that in the boost testing matrix, tests
with
the wide char streams are failing for these compilers. This is the reason.
I've managed
to get the boost build system to skip the tests on the future for wide char
archives.

Note that this is not a boost serialization issue but one of wide streams
with gcc
libraries on windows.

Also check out the boost tests -see config - for these compilers. you'll
notice
that these indicate that wide stream i/o is not supported.

If this is an issue for you the best way to address is to find, make, port,
or ?
a wide char i/o library for gcc and windows - or use a different compiler.

Robert Ramey