From: KLINIK Markus STD2-G (AREVA NP GmbH) (Markus.Klinik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-28 02:50:58

> (The C family of languages is broken in that
> it treats arrays as pointers with funny settings. And even
> that breakage is broken because it uses that treatment only
> 90% of the time; the other 10% of uses treat arrays and
> pointers differently [e.g. extern], and you probably found
> one of them.)

Might be a bit OT, but that reminds me of a classical paper from 1966
(Peter Landin, "The next 700 Programming Languages"):

  "For most programming languages there are certain
  statements of the kind, "There is a systematic equivalence
  between pieces of program like this, and pieces like that,"
  that nearly hold but not quite."

Just something that came to my mind.