From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-31 13:17:38

James Emerton wrote:
> I'm having difficulties building boost 1.34.1 using the intel
> toolchain. Once bjam tries to invoke the compiler, I get the "Windows
> cannot open this file" dialog, where the file is an .obj.rsp file.
>
> It would appear that perhaps the compiler itself is not making it into
> the command line, thus causing the system to try executing the .rsp
> file directly. I am not having this problem if I use the msvc
> toolchain.

Yep, it's bug report already: http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/ticket/137

It does work if you add an entry for intel to a user-config.jam in your HOME
directory, mine looks like:

using intel-win : 9.1 : "c:/program
files/intel/compiler/c++/9.1/ia32/bin/icl.exe" ;
using intel-win : 10.0 : "c:/program
files/intel/compiler/c++/10.0.025/ia32/bin/icl.exe" ;
using intel-win : 8.1 : "c:/program
files/intel/cpp/compiler80/ia32/bin/icl.exe" ;
#using intel-win : 7 : "c:/program
files/intel/cpp/compiler70/ia32/bin/icl.exe" ;
#using intel-win : 6 : "c:/program
files/intel/cpp/compiler60/ia32/bin/icl.exe" ;

See the Boost.Build docs for more info on setting this up. And of course in
most cases you can always build the source from your IDE should you prefer
:-)

HTH, John.