From: David Raulo (david.raulo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-11 14:25:17

Hi,

Thanks for your response,

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 07:53:09 -0700
"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> With a stack trace back i the debugger, you should be able to
> determine for which classes code is getting "dropped"
>
> EXPORT assures that code for classes no otherwise referred to doesn't
> get "stripped". But if such code is added to a static library, I
> doubt it can be guarenteed that its added to the executable. I would
> guess you'll have to include a module in among your applications
> which explicitly refers to this code so it will be sucked into the
> executable.

I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting. In the test-case I
sent, all the serialization code related to the Derived class has been
stripped from the third executable (the one generate with the static
library). How should I modify this simple example to prevent that from
happening? Explicitly call operator& on a Derived* object in main()?
How would that generalize on my scenario of 200 serializable classes?

David Raulo.