From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-23 04:57:49

Jordan Kyriakidis wrote:
> John Maddock <john <at> johnmaddock.co.uk> writes:
>
>> I've had problems porting to powerpc MacOS X: it's their weird long
>> double that messes things up. If you're going to using the toolkit
>> on that platform I'd *strongly recomend* that you run the regression
>> tests and see what breaks:
>
> I'm willing to do that and let you know what I find. But how do I
> run the regression tests?

It sounds like you have a copy of the Sandbox SVN already, so cd into
sandbox/math_toolkit/libs/math/test then set the environment variable BOOST
to point to the root directory of Boost-1.34 (depending how much of the
sandbox you checked out, you may need to set BOOST_ROOT as well or instead).
Then:

bjam mytoolset 2>&1 | tee toolkit.log

where "mytoolkit" is the name of the bjam toolset for that
compiler/platform. Not sure if you need to use "darwin" or "gcc" on that
platform these days: try "darwin" first and then fall back to gcc if that
doesn't work anymore.

Then step back for a long wait :-)

The test log will likely be quite large, so I suggest we take this off-list
rather than clog up everyones inboxes with it ;-)

Many thanks, John Maddock.