From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-01 11:10:05

Anjaly wrote:
> I am sorry the last message had an mistake.I wanted to say that I want
> to do a search that would take all the data as though it is Utf32
> rather than utf8 ( as i incorrectly wrote). I don't know whether i am
> making myself clear (I am not very good in expressing the opnion).
>
> What i really want to do is a unicode search on the available data.

Right, but if that data is in a file then first you need to read it into
memory so that it's in a well defined "in-memory-encoding". You didn't say
how you were reading the file you sent, but ICU has some API's here:
http://www.icu-project.org/apiref/icu4c/ustdio_8h.html that assist with
correctly reading and writing Unicode data to and from files.

John.