From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 01:01:51

desai3_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> I have successfully wrapped up a C++ program in Python. Now I want to give
> my libboost_python.so and server.so files to my friend, so that he can use
> it too.
>
> However server.so makes use of libstdc++ and ssl library files, which I
> have to link statically to the server.so in order to be able to give
> server.so to someone. However Bjam is not linking libstdc++.a or libssl.a
> to server.so statically.

You're using Boost.Build V1, on which I cannot give clear directions.
In Boost.Build V2:

        - libssl.a should be easy, just use
        <find-static-library>ssl
        You will need either SVN HEAD of Boost.Build or the
        Milestone 12 release

        - For libstdc++.a you might try the same trick. This
        might also need <linkflags>-static-libgcc, but I
        don't remember for sure.

- Volodya