From: Kirit Sælensminde (kirit.saelensminde_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 08:34:54

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Thu Sep 27 2007, Kirit Sælensminde <kirit.saelensminde-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>> David Abrahams wrote:
>>> What's wrong with
>>>
>>> {{{
>>> #!cpp
>>> short your_code(here)
>>> {
>>> return something_interesting();
>>> }
>>> }}}
>>>
>>> ??
>> Nothing, although maybe a "Source code" prompt and a big input box is
>> easier for casual users.
>
> A prompt? Input box?
> For the person editing the page?

I mean from the perspective of somebody who wants to get an example up
on a web site where others will find it and it can become part of a
larger collection than if they just published on their own blog. And of
course not everybody has their own blog or web site.

Log on to the site and just go to the "Add recipe" form. You'll see that
it's structured in such a way as to make putting the example on the site
easy and linking it to the relevant libraries easy. Of course this is
only possible because of the much narrower focus of the site.

> FWIW, I would very much prefer to see Boost's public web resources
> consolidated in the wiki.

Which wiki? The Clearcase one or the Trac one?

The wiki software that underlies the cookbook site uses syntax very
similar to that of Mediawiki (there's some syntax it doesn't support and
it also has some extra syntax and one or two things are done
differently, but all the basic syntax is the same). This means it isn't
far off either the Clearcase wiki or the Quickbooks format. I've already
talked to Matias about the possibility of taking the cookbook content
and exporting to quickbooks.