From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-03 10:51:30

Lawrence Spector wrote:

> We are using Boost 1.34.0. This is something in the current version of Boost, which seems to only allow Directory paths to be used in a boost::filesystem::directory_iterator. So, the question I present would be whether or not there's another construct for doing this? My coworker found something in boost/regex/v4/fileiter.hpp called file_iterator, which seemed to achieve the correct result, but why isn't this part of Boost.Filesystem? Or is it and I'm just missing something?

Ah. I mistook the problem you were having, sorry.

So to try to clarify: the problem you're actually experiencing is that
you get an exception when you pass a wildcard string to directory_iterator?

While I can sympathize with your request, I guess I find it defensible
that wildcard matching would need the regex library.