From: Marty Fried (public.forums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 13:56:35

While building 1_34_1 on various platforms we support, I came across
some compile errors for the AIX compiler, xlC/vacpp that weren't caught
by gcc or MSVC, possibly due to being hidden by a level of indirection.

The errors were mostly undefined classes where the template class was
fully defined at the time of instantiation.

I apologize if my explanation isn't clear or totally correct - I'm not
an expert on the C++ standard, and got a lot of the actual explanation
from coworkers that know it better than I do. But it's up to me to do
the actual reporting and to try to get it to work for us on all the
platforms we support.

My original post was a few days ago, with the subject "[filesystem]
vacpp errors building 1_34_1 filesystem library on AIX". I am
because it may look like a vacpp problem, which is an unsupported
compiler, but it's not really. It just happens that xlC was the
only compiler that caught the error, I think. My original post
can also be read at this link:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/31028

The problem is that the class basic_directory_iterator is not fully
defined until after it is used by remove_all().

There were a few other similar errors which I can provide if someone
takes an interest in this. If I am wrong, or if there is a reason
this won't be fixed, it would be helpful to know, so we can decide
what to do.

--
Marty Fried
Senior Software Developer, Aldon USA