From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-05 13:16:36

Maximilian Wilson wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2007 7:38 AM, Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I've just looked through entire
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/jam/building.html
>>
>> It never say to invoke "bjam --toolset=xxx". In fact, it never say to
>> invoke bjam *at all*. Can you explain why are you doing that?
>
> That's for building bjam itself.

I know. That's the document that original poster referred to.

> The other document, "Getting Started
> With Boost", says in section 5.2.4 that you can build Boost from
> source by invoking bjam:

I'm afraid that if we operate under assumption that email that
say "document XXX say" as saying "document YYY say" we're not going
to achieve anything.

> "Change your current directory to the Boost root directory

Original poster say:

        So I do C:\Documents and Settings\src\boost\tools\jam\src
        and then
        bjam --toolset=mingw stage

Since when is tools\jam\src named "Boost root directory"?

- Volodya