From: Marty Fried (public.forums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-06 16:37:04

Back on Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:22:17 -0400, in gmane.comp.lib.boost.user,Beman
Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>If the code isn't standard compliant, I'd like to fix it. But it looks
>like version 9 of vacpp is accepting it, or possible the code has
>changed enough that the problem no longer exists.
>
>> Please let me know what I can do next to help out.
>
>If you get some sample code that you think exactly reproduces the
>problem, and Comeau reports an error, please send it to me.

Hi,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner... my coworker that did the
original tests could not come up with a good sample very easily, so
we postponed it until we got a copy of the latest xLC installed.

With the latest version, the Boost code compiles without errors, so
I am guessing that the compiler was either incorrect, or the standard
has changed in this respect. All the code now compiles on AIX,
except, of course, we can't use the "install" option for some reason.

Thanks for everyone's help.

--
Marty Fried
Senior software engineer