From: Damjan Miklic (damjan.miklic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-08 13:46:57

Hi,

I am running into some problems when trying to build a simple Asio
program (the Timer2 tutorial) with MSVC 8.0. I have installed Boost
using the installer from Boost Consulting and copied the Asio headers to
the boost_1_34_1\boost directory. The program compiles (with three
warnings about deprecated unsafe functions in asio headers) but linking
fails with the error:

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_system-vc80-mt-sgd-1_34_1.lib'

I have tried building Boost.System with the command:

bjam --with-system stage

according to the instructions found on:

http://asio.sourceforge.net/boost_asio_0_3_8/libs/asio/doc/html/boost_asio/using.html

but i get the following error:
error: wrong library name 'system' in the --with-<library> option.

I have searched the Boost website and mailing list archives but couldn't
find any further information on building the System library.

Any help in resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Damjan Miklic