From: Zara (yozara_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-26 02:12:28

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:13:15 +0100, "Stefan Arentz"
<stefan.arentz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Is there something in Boost that can help me decode hex strings into
>binary form? For example hexadecimal strings that contain MD5 hashes.
>
> S.

Yoy may divide the hex string into shorter parts that fit within un
unsigned long and read them into unsigned long using std::istream,
then convert them into std::bitset or boost::dynamic_bitset, and
further convert them into binary representation using std::ostream.

As you seee, you may do it only with standara library components, but
ther is no direct way to do it, you must go through unsigned longs
always.

Bes regards,

Zara