From: Hicham Mouline (hicham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-28 06:47:21

Hi,

I built a 64bit release version of Boost.Test with intel10.1 64bit compiler.
bjam -with-test -toolset=intel stage release
I moved the 64bit libs to c:\program files\boost\lib which I set in LIB env
var,
and set in Tools/Options/VC++directories/x64/Libraries in VS.

#including boost test headers works correcty.

Compilation works but linking (xilink) fails because of undefined symbols
which are in
libboost_unit_test_framework-iw-mt-s.lib
I compile my project with /MT.
Adding verbose to the linker, the list of libraries being searched doesn't
include any
boost lib.

0. Autolinking is not working? (I'm sure it worked once with date_time where
I didn't specify
the lib at all and it looked for it by itself)

1. If I explicitly add libboost_unit_test_framework-iw-mt-s.lib in
Project Properties/Linker/Input/Additional Dependencies,
linking fails as it doesn't find the .lib, even though the LIB env var + VS
tools/options
are set to include c:\program files\boost\lib

2. If I add c:\program files\boost\lib explicitly to
Project Properties/Linker/General/Additional Library Directories, then all
works.

I'd prefer not to include in the project properties the dependencies on
boost, but have it
as a system-wide setting (LIB or VS/Tools/Options)

3. there is a warning that the compiler version is unknown, run the
configure script.
Should I look in Boost.Build doc?

Rds,