From: Andrei Popa (andrei4popa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-19 08:22:44

Hallo all,I just discovered the serialization library found it extremely nice and useful. I appreciate all work of the author.I have not yet build any program with the library, I just read the documentation.There is one think that do not fit to my use: "typeid information is not included in archives".The reason is "archive portability" and the solution "same sequence by save/load".But what if I do not know the sequence? What can I do then?Think about a CAD program. I do not know what the user will draw, a line, circle, rectangle and so on.And I have to save them in a file, at the load I need to know what type of object do I load.For me the "archive portability" is not so important. Is there a way to configure/change the library to save the name of the class specified by std::type_of::name() in the archive?Best regards,Andrei