From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-19 10:33:15

Christian Henning wrote:
> Hi John, thanks for your reply. Your answer is basically what the
> documentation describes. But, it still leaves me with question marks
> in my head.
>
> Let me ask differently. How do I construct the the red curve in the
> second image? Parameters here are: Shape = 1 and Scale = 1.

gamma_distribution<> d(1, 1);

> BTW,
> shouldn't be the "scale" box in the second image be called "rate"?

No, the second graph, keeps the shape constant and shows the effect of
varying the scale, while the first image keeps the scale constant and shows
the effect of varying the shape...

But that means that the two red curves in the two graphs should be the same
and they're not :-( Looks like I probably messed up generating the graphs,
I'll look into this.

John.