From: Andres Corrada-Emmanuel (corrada_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-27 20:20:34

Hello,

I've been scouring the internet and boost.org documentation to do what I
thought was a relatively simple task on Windows XP with MSVC 8.0: build
and import into python the hello.cpp example in the 1_34_1 distribution.

Warts:

- The Jamroot file in the tutorial folder lacks the "import python ;"
command.
- No matter what I tried, bjam.exe, could not find the
boost_python-vc80-mt-1_34_1.lib file. I finally gave up and copied it
directly into the tutorial directory.
- bjam compiled the hello.pyd but no "boost_python.dll" as the
documentation for the Hello World example said it would. Has this changed?
- Importing this hello.pyd fails even when I am in the same directory as
the file fails. Do I need to have the boost_python.dll in the same
directory? How do I create it with bjam? Is the tutorial directory
broken? my bjam.exe?

Any help would be appreciated. Particularly any pointers on how to debug
my problems (bjam.exe --debug-configuration was not helpful in solving
any of the boost_python lib import problems).

--
Andres Corrada-Emmanuel
Research Fellow