From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-02 07:11:41

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Jason McGuidwin wrote:
>> Edward ,
>>
>> I think that is want i am doing below is my other posting that
>> knowone has replyed yet.
>> "VS2005 threads with clr option not working"
>> hello,
>>
>> I am trying to compile a simple proragm with the thread headers
>> included and the clr option in VS2005
>>
>> When i include the thread headers and set the to compile with the /clr
>> option the app will not execute and give the error below:
>> "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on
>> OK to terminate the application."
>
> I'm not completely sure, but I believe there is a fundamental incompatibity
> between Boost.Threads and the CLR, but Anthony Williams would know for sure
> I guess?

Boost.Thread has not been written with compatibility with /CLR in mind, and
has not been tested under that configuration (at least, not by me, and not by
the regression tests) so it is possible that there is a fundamental
incompatibility. Peter pointed out the TLS hooks issue with static libraries
--- it's possible that's the cause of the problem. Since boost.thread is by
its nature a system-level library, I would compile it as native code in a DLL
rather than use it directly from a CLR app.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Just Software Solutions Ltd - http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk