From: Mathieu Malaterre (mathieu.malaterre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-03 09:32:23

Hi there,

  After reading a couple of -outdated- references I am even more
confused than when I started. I have been using swig for the longest
time (not by choice), but I am given the opportunity to rethink this
-bad- choice. I had heard lots of good thing about Boost.Python, so I
decided to have a look at it. I realized that it is already replaced
by another layer of abstraction: PyCXX or Py++ (is this correct so
far?).

  So as of today could someone please let me know what are the main
differences in between PyCXX and Py++ ? Our current built system is
cmake and I would like to avoid adding a dependencie to bjam. What are
the drawback of having a dependencie (link library) to boost (versus
swig which does not have any).

Thanks for comments,

--
Mathieu