From: sj_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-01-13 15:30:25

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:04:36 +0100, Zeljko Vrba, zvrba_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Why? What is it going to do with the ID? Why not make the ID a
> void* pointer?
> And what semantics does this "unique identification" have? Once an object is
> deleted, another new'd object may get its address; I can hardly qualify that
> as "unique ID".
I have a set of objects and these objects have corresponding
representations in the other part of my program (for debugging purposes
[visualization]). Two parts of the program do not know about each other.
One part calls a functions f and another part receives the call. I need
to know what object initiated this call. It's given that objects are not
destroyed, hence this is unique in that case.

Making it void* is an option. Though I was looking for a more elegant
solution. Thanks for the example.

Thanks.

--
Regards, Alexander.           http://sjcomp.com