From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-10 07:22:01

Srinivas Chamarthi wrote:

>> I am new to C++ development and using boost regex library. I have
>> downloaded 1_34_1 version.
>>
>> I have built regex library and it created
>> boost_regex-vc80-mt-*1_34*.lib & dll files for me.
>>
>> But when I included headers and compiled my application but its
>> giving me the following linker error.
>>

>> - *Error 1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
>> 'boost_regex-vc80-mt-gd-1_34_1.lib' ExpEval *

You need to add the path containing the regex libraries to your linker
options so that it can find them: it's under
Properties->Linker->General->Additional Library Directories.

Alternatively, you can set the path for *all* VC projects by editing
Tools->Options->Project and Solutions->VC++ Directories->Library Files.

>> *so I defined *BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB
>>
>> *and ran the application
>>
>> this time I got the following error
>>

>> - *This application has failed to start because MSVCP80.dll was not
>> found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.*

That's a VC++ runtime DLL: the problem you have there is a VC++ installation
issue :-(

HTH, John.