From: Filip Konvička (filip.konvicka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-12 04:24:14

Hi,

there is a problem with wpath when the system locale is UTF-8. My setup
is g++ 4.2.3 --enable-clocale=gnu on a 2.6.18-5-686 GNU/Linux, boost
1.34.1, locale "cs_CZ.UTF-8". The problem seems to be in translating
wstring into native strings inside Filesystem. The error I'm getting
(and others too, see for example "Problem with exists() and wpath" and
"Bug in filesystem library?" on this list) is

  boost::filesystem::wpath::to_external conversion error

I've seen some discussions on the boost-dev list dealing with this
issue, and to me this looks like a serious bug in wpath implementation.
Until this is resolved, I think that we need to #ifdef this and use
char-based paths on Linux.

Are there some plans to fix this? I'm willing to help if that is needed.

Thanks,
Filip