From: Knut Hunstad (Knut.Hunstad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-13 14:17:12

Hi!

I haven't used boost much yet, but have been looking into lambda
expressions. I am working within a huge system, where one of the include
files has a macro definition for EXCEPTION. Which is also used as an enum
value in boost/lambda/detail/arity_code.hpp (within namespace
boost::lambda):

enum { NONE = 0x00, // Notice we are using bits as flags here.

FIRST = 0x01,

SECOND = 0x02,

THIRD = 0x04,

EXCEPTION = 0x08,

RETHROW = 0x10};

Using common names such as this in a general library seems a bit risky to
me. Any header before "boost/lambda.hpp" which defines macros for any of
these enum values, will cause trouble. I don't have insight enough in boost
to suggest the correct solution (or to conclude that I have to fix the
problem in my own code and let boost::lambda remain unchanged :-). For me
right now the fix was simply replacing the (4) occurences of this EXCEPTION
with LAMBDAEXCEPTION in the boost files.

Where do I go to put this up as a fix-suggestion? I would like to avoid
having to remember this replace every time I upgrade boost...

Best regards,

Knut Hunstad
Vianova Systems AS
Norway