From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-15 14:46:15

Amit wrote:
> I am wondering whether Xpressive supports Unicode completely, as Regex does
> through ICU?

I have yet not tried to make xpressive work with ICU. Xpressive follows
the TR1 regex proposal very closely; in particular, it uses the standard
regex traits interface, which (I believe) is how John is plugging ICU
into Boost.Regex. If so, then the ICU traits wrappers can be easily
ported to xpressive, and the unicode iterators (in boost/regex/pending)
can be used as-is. It's on my ToDo list, but I don't have time for this
work right now. I encourage you to give it a shot. If you get it
working, I'd gladly accept the patch.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting