From: raulh39_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-02-20 15:13:17

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:58:19 -0700
stacie_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Threading:
> gcc.jam indicates that GCC on HP-UX does not support threading. We have
> built many libraries with threading using GCC so is this an old comment
> or is it specific to the gnu linker and not HP-UXs. Can I modify a
> config file to support threading correctly?

I can't help for the rest of your questions, but we use GCC+HP-UX+Boost in our work without any problem.

The only real difference with your environment is that we work in HP-UX 11.23 but on PA-RISC...

We had to "force" Boost to believe that this environment is OK for building multi-thread versions of the libraries.
As you have said, gcc.jam indicates that GCC on HP-UX does not support threading.