From: Lothar May (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-02 06:10:22

Hi Daniel,

BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS will disable all boost exceptions, but my problem is
not that exceptions are not thrown, the problem is that they cannot be
caught. And if I would disable them, I'd have no error handling.

How did you build boost? In case you used the default instructions from
boost.org, for me they do not work for two reasons:

1) No universal binaries are created

But even if I compile & link everything (including the application) as
non-universal:

2) I get loads of linker errors in boost::filesystem, it seems to use
non-MacOS-native-libs, which is bad (I need a native boost).

The only two ways I made it work were
i) cmake + boost 1.34.0 and
ii) asl (adobe source library)

But with the result that exceptions cannot be caught...

Regards,

Lothar

Daniel Lord wrote:
> UPDATE:
> Just came across this in the Boost documentation for filesystem which
> might be an explanation:
>
> "All exceptions thrown by the Filesystem Library are implemented by
> calling boost::throw_exception()

<file:///Users/daniello/Documents/Development/Lib/Boost/boost_1_34_1/libs/utility/throw_exception.html>.