From: Number Cruncher (number.cruncher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-07 03:55:48

Matthias Troyer wrote:
> Can you try to add
>
> BOOST_SERIALIZATION_REGISTER_ARCHIVE
> (boost::mpi::detail::ignore_skeleton_oarchive)
>
> in line 69 of boost/mpi/detail/ignore_skeleton_oarchive.hpp

This doesn't compile because ignore_skeleton_oarchive is a template
class not a specific type. There is a similar macro in
mpi_datatype_oarchive.hpp with an mpi_datatype_oarchive specialization:
BOOST_SERIALIZATION_REGISTER_ARCHIVE(
  boost::mpi::detail::ignore_skeleton_oarchive
  <boost::mpi::detail::mpi_datatype_oarchive>)

but with all the forward declaration includes, I can't actually work out
which classes have been fully defined when this indirectly invoked via
the #include "communicator.hpp".

I'm guessing the instantiation is not actually built because at the
point of BOOST_SERIALIZATION_REGISTER_ARCHIVE,
ignore_skeleton_oarchive<mpi_datatype_oarchive> is somehow incomplete???

Thanks,
Simon