From: Lothar May (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-09 16:09:01

Hi Mat,

Mat Marcus wrote:
[...]
> Looks like you need to add -no_dead_strip_inits_and_terms to your
> release build settings. Does it work if you do?

It works!!!

Yiiiiha! Thank you very much!

> One might wish that
> the compiler/linker would avoid such error-prone "optimizations" as
> dead-stripping static constructors, or at least make
> -no_dead_strip_inits_and_terms the default. This thread would make a
> good bug report, IMO.

I'm not sure where to report this. This might be a MacOS-g++-specific
problem, but still it might not. This problem occured in an open source
project, and we've gotten a report from a Linux user where this error
also occured. However, that user did not provide much information and I
could not reproduce it on any Linux system.

Best regards,

Lothar