From: pashapal_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-03-26 21:39:20

Hi, I was hoping someone could help, cause I am stumped. I have a library that opens disk images (img, dd, raw) via a string representing the file of the disk image. I supply the string as the lead argument in the constructor of

boost::filesystem::path p(pImagePath, boost::filesystem::no_check) ;

It works on?all?platforms tested. However, now I want to open a physical drive directly, rather than an image file in Windows. I have looked up the string representation of drives in Win 32 and apparently //./X: , however, it does not work with the path constructor. I have tried variations with the backslash etc.

Windows allows access to a drive through the CreateFile() function, can I use this somehow and convert it into
a boost::path?

Any idea what I am doing wrong? In essences I want to access a windows drive as a boost::filesystem::path, that I can then later use for memory mapping.

Thanks ,
Pasha