From: Jason Gorski (gorski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-24 11:02:33

Hello,
We have just updated to 1.35 and it seems as if serialization of
multidimensional arrays is broken.

In 1.34_1, the following serialization code worked fine:

int ints[2][2];
template<class Archive>
void serialize(Archive & ar, const unsigned int version)
{
ar & BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP( ints );
}

In 1.35_0, I receive the following error at compile time:
oserializer.hpp:489: error: invalid static_cast from type ‘const int
(*)[2]’ to type ‘const int*’

I have been able to get around this by looping through the outer
dimension of the array and serializing all inner arrays separately,
however this solution is less than ideal.
If this is in fact an issue with the library, I am highly concerned. It
seems to me that this issue should have been caught during regression
testing.

Thanks!
Jason

--