From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-25 00:32:48

 Robert Dailey wrote:

> Have you looked at
::boost::filesystem::change_extension???
> Somehow it is referred to as replace_extension in the
docs, but this
> function will do what you are discussing I think.
>
> -- John Femiani
>

> I did not see that in the boost.filesystem.basic_path reference
documentation.

 replace_extension is documented here:

 http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/filesystem/doc/refer
 ence.html#Convenience-functions

 but in the actual library it is named 'change_extension' (I dont know
why)

 Personally I find the documentation for filesystem pretty
 hard to navigate. I recommend using doxygen to navigate the
 source, since that gives a fairly complete reference. I use
 a PC so I can generate a chm file with a searchable index and
 everything.

(I tried to attach the docs but the message got to big for the mailing
list)

 -- John Femiani