From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-26 04:43:43

Ali F wrote:
>> Does that file exist on disk?

> Thanks a lot John. That did it. So it was because I was building the
> libraries wrong... This boost.build is a little confusing. I'm still
> not entirely sure what I was doing wrong actually. Was it just bjam
> release debug stage as opposed to what you suggested? I thought bjam
> builds static libs automatically. And if it was prefixed with 'lib'
> then it was static right? So why did the above fix it? I'm sorry I'm
> so dense, hopefully this one last reply with lodge this in my head
> permanently.

Boost.Build changed it's default behaviour from 1.34 to 1.35 to only build a
single release variant by default: this suites Unix flavours, but is pretty
useless for MSVC :-(

And yes you were building static libraries before, just not the right ones
to match the code-generation options you were using.

John.