From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-01 04:16:58

Paula Costa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've a Dev-Cpp, mingw, Windows XP development environment.
>> I'm trying to develop an application based on Regex but I'm not able
>> to run even the simple example from
>> "Getting Started" section of Boost documentation or the "Credit Card
>> Numbers" example from Regex.
>>
>> I've built the library through different ways (trying just to build
>> the regex library from John's homepage or
>> building the whole Boost library through bjam). The building process
>> was always OK and I'm pretty sure
>> that I'm correctly linking the files in Dev-Cpp (I also used the path
>> described at http://wagjo.com/index.php?id=27).
>>
>> However, I always get similar result: a lot of compiler messages
>> saying that I have "multiple definitions of something".
>>
>> Does anyone in this list could help me?

I've never seen that, but this message:
http://markmail.org/message/u7bube4nziebcaiy#query:multiple%20definition%20of%20typeinfo%20name%20for%20std%3A%3Aruntime_error+page:1+mid:u7bube4nziebcaiy+state:results
seems to indicate that this may be a known problem with some Cygwin/Mingw32
versions. What g++ version are you using? Is it a recent release?

The warning:

#warning "Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and
report the results"

suggests you're using a bleeding edge or unreleased g++ version maybe?

HTH, John.