From: Norbert Unterberg (nunterberg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-07 10:59:40

John Maddock schrieb:
> Norbert Unterberg wrote:
>> How do I build boost 1.35 for windows mobile?
>> I still find building boost quite hard due to lack (or distribution?)
>> of documentation. Can anyone give me a hint? I need at least
>> Boost.Tread for Windows Mobile.
>
> Using your favorite IDE, build all the *.cpp files in libs/thread/src/ into
> either a DLL or a static lib. Define either BOOST_THREAD_BUILD_LIB or
> BOOST_THREAD_BUILD_DLL in your project settings depending on whether you're
> building a dll or static lib. Voila, job done :-)

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be that easy:

boost/date_time/c_time.hpp(73) : error C2039: 'localtime' : is not a
member of 'std'
boost/date_time/c_time.hpp(73) : error C2660:
'boost::date_time::c_time::localtime' : function does not take 1 arguments
boost/date_time/c_time.hpp(80) : error C2039: 'gmtime' : is not a member
of 'std'
boost/date_time/c_time.hpp(80) : error C2660:
'boost::date_time::c_time::gmtime' : function does not take 1 arguments

boost/algorithm/string/compare.hpp(15) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'locale': No such file or directory

I can fix the errors about localtime and gmtime (no idea why they are
assumed to be in the std namespace, since they are located as plain C
functions in time.h).

But I do not know how to handle the missing <locale> support in windows
mobile. After defining BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE the string module still wants
to #include <locale>.

Any ideas?

Norbert