From: Jose Martinez (jmartine_1026_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-18 00:55:39

>It gets initialized by the shared_ptr constructor.

Frank, when I call user_count() on the _internal_weak_ptr before calling share_from_this() I get back 1. So are you referring to the first shared_ptr constructor in main() (vs the constructor in share_from_this())? If so how is it initialized? The shared_ptr constructor gets passed a reference to the object being pointed, are you saying it goes and searches out for _internal_weak_ptr within that object and initializes it if it finds it?

thanks
jose
"survival first, then happiness as we can manage it"