From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-31 05:09:44

Hi

> I am having trouble compiling boost statechart code using gcc 4.3.0. I
> tried this on the
> +sample program on statechart site and get the same errors. The errors are
> of the type
>
> error: value-initialization of reference
>
> for each process_event call in the example:
>
> myWatch.process_event( EvStartStop() );
> myWatch.process_event( EvStartStop() );
> myWatch.process_event( EvStartStop() );

Not sure why this happens on your system. The currently released version is
the same as the one in the trunk and the trunk tests for gcc 4.3 clearly say
that the example compiles just fine, see the cell at the intersection of
"StopWatchExample" and "gcc- 4.3.0":

<http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/statechart.html>

> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Not with the currently available info. On what OS are you, what is the
command line & what is the exact compiler output?

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.