From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-10 10:45:21

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 05:38:33PM +0300, dizzy wrote:
> To compare strings in case insensitive ways using a common case is an
> acceptable solution. This is a problem when using locales for which this
> cunversion is not bidirectional (I understand in Greek there are 2 different
> lower case characters that uppercase is the same character thus using the
> std::tolower aproach you would get false negatives in some situations).

Didn't know this :-) Now I remember that even for German there exists
"ß" which has no capitalisation. Some people use "SS" or "SZ" or even
"ß" for it. Don't know what toupper("ß") returns.

So converting a string containing "ß" to upper case could result in some
false negatives too :-)
Nevertheless I'm sure that just a funny example. In praxis it will not
cause harm.

Jens