From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 10:40:06

Nat Goodspeed wrote:

>> how do you force reload of config? on unix i'd use a signal, but to be
>> honest, have no big clue about windows...
>
> Heh -- since I've mostly used this with consumer products, I haven't had
> to confront that. You exit the program, edit the config file and start
> it up again.

I should add that my implementation depended on the fact that the set of
enabled tags was constant for each run. I was storing the result of tag
lookup in a static bool local to each log-message statement.

For dynamic log configuration, I think I'd either have to capture a
pointer to a heap bool, whose value might change, or introduce some sort
of model/view paradigm to ensure that individual log-message statements
would respond to a change intended to affect them.