From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-19 02:03:30

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Andreas Huber
<ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Felipe

[snip]

>> I would really want to pass a state instance to transit<>().
>> Why isn't this available?
>
> Um, why do you want pass a *state* object to transit<>()? State construction & destruction must be done by the state machine itself.

I understand it conceptually, but practically I can't see much
difference from I constructing it or
the machine doing it. All I wanted is to pass constructor arguments.
Explicitly or not.
The machine would have to copy the state, but I don't mind if at least
I can give
arguments to the next state somehow.
Can't we pass the arguments to transit<>() ?
I'm not an expert in statechart implementation, but it shouldn't be
that hard, transit<>
could pass a boost::factory to the statechart internals responsible
for instantiating a state.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Andreas Huber