From: Tristan Wibberley (tristan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-26 23:29:19

Hi Boost devs,

I'm looking for a way to write programs with unit tests that don't hit
the real filesystem, so there is no cleanup necessary in the event of a
segfault, and so that tests run fast and set up is simple.

Is the any chance of a future version of boost filesystem implementing
the ability to do operations to a memory-based data structure that
simulates a real filesystem. It would be especially useful if such a
mock filesystem could be configured with failures that should occur to
test error handling paths.

It would be pretty vital that a test program could still use the regular
boost filesystem for its own implementation to access the disk and that
several separate filesystems could be mocked at the same time to test
client-server application components within a single process.

Thanks for listening

--
Tristan Wibberley
Any opinion expressed is mine (or else I'm playing devils advocate for