From: Joey Mukherjee (joey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-30 09:46:02

On Jun 27, 2008, at 11:16 AM, Ronald Garcia wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Joey Mukherjee wrote:
>
>> Suppose this type of setup was within a function, is it possible
>> to make OneDView the return value of this function? In other
>> words, I would like to:
>>
>> array_type::const_array_view <1>::type OneDView;
>> OneDView = multi_array[myindices];
>> return OneDView;
>>

> Off-hand, I see no reason why you couldn't do this. So long as the
> multi_array is still in existence, you can build and keep a view of
> it. How are you calling your function? I'm afraid I can't tell
> what the problem might be since I can't see how it's really used.

What would be the return value of the function? In other words, what
would the function prototype be? As in the code above, I am not
allowed to assign to a OneDView. How can I write it so that I am
able to?

The way I have my function, I am calling it like so:

double GetRealData (const SensorInfo &si, const std::vector <double>
&vals, const unsigned int whichPosition)

The vals is a n-dimensional array of doubles and the si variable has
the desired slice and the sizes of my array. Rather than return a
double, I would like to return a one-dimensional const_array_view.

Thanks for your help!

Joey