From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-02 11:30:55

Matthias Troyer wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2008, at 2:24 PM, Johan Råde wrote:
>

>>> It seems very worrying that 1.35 users are going to be deliberately
>>> broken
>>> to help out <= 1.34.1 users who were broken accidentally. Is there
>>> really no
>>> plan to help out users load their 1.35 files in 1.36? Even if this
>>> can't be
>>> rectified within the library through a workaround, maybe a more
>>> independent
>>> (standalone?) utility could be provided? I have no familiarity with the
>>> internals of the library but if there is some way I can help in this
>>> regard,
>>> I'd be happy to try.
>>> Pete Bartlett
>>
>> How about a boost/serialization/vector_135.hpp header,
>> analogous to the boost/serialization/shared_ptr_132.hpp header?
>
> What should the default vector.hpp header be compatible with? all
> versions but 1.35 or all but 1.34.1?
>
> Matthias

The default vector.hpp header should be compatible with all versions <= 1.34.1.
The vector_135.hpp header would be compatible with 1.35.
(So I guess this is not quite analogous to shared_ptr_132.hpp).

I think you should only add a vector_135.hpp header to Boost 1.36 if anyone really needs it.
For instance if anyone has shipped code, that uses the 1.35 vector.hpp, to customers.
I do not need a vector_135.hpp header.

--Johan