From: Mathieu Peyréga (mathieu.peyrega_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-02 17:28:49

I dont have the knowledge of the inner coding of the archives... but as
far as I understood the issue come from theses lines :

    if(3 < ar.get_library_version())
        ar >> BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP(item_version);

in the vector.hpp header file (load method)

would it be possible to surround these lines with a try catch block in a
way like this :

try
{
    if(3 < ar.get_library_version())
        ar >> BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP(item_version);
}
catch(...)
{
    do something to reset the state of the archive before the ar >>
BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP(item_version); attempt
}

Is it something possible or am i just a dreamer ? would it have some
performance impact ? In such a case maybe it could be a choice to have a
full compatible library with an
#ifdef code selection mechanism...

I hope this proposal is not too ridiculous....

Regards,

Mathieu

--
http://www.incub.net/